Thursday, July 1, 2010

Halfway into Summer

This post is LONG overdue. I have been on the run since the end of April. My in-laws arrived towards the end of April, stayed until mid May. My sister Hillary arrived the day after they left...stayed for three weeks. Then Josh, Hillary and I all traveled back to the states for most of the month of June. Thankfully, we arrived back in Italy safe and sound....and I must admit it still feels odd not to have anyone visiting.

So here it is the first of July. Crazy how time seems to fly. Only 13 more months left here. Hopefully soon we will find out what our next step is, this is depending upon Josh staying in the military. He is currently trying to switch to a different job, if this i
s approved he will accept and that means 4 more years :). I am very open minded at this point. I think we both still are. All we know is that we want to be closer to family and friends. But after being here, I think even Alaska would feel closer.
This weekend the base is having 4th of July festivities. We are planning on taking our landlord to watch the fireworks and to experience some of the American culture. Hopefully this year it won't rain!! So far the forecast looks good.

Not really much else to report. I start my next class on the 19th, and I need to get my butt motivated to go into the hospital to volunteer. Other than that...same ol, same ol here in Italia.


Ill leave you with a few pictures of the highlights of the past few months!!

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom

Josh and I in Ireland



Hillary and I in London

At Hillary's Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment