Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Back to Italia

After a very long day, I made it home on Monday evening. I had a good flight and had no problems getting a seat on the rotator.  I had a fantastic visit with my family and friends, two weeks wasn't enough!!  I'm trying to get back into the swing of things...I'm having a rough time getting adjusted to the time difference. This morning I was up from 2-6:30...then slept until 11. So that means that I won't sleep again tonight! Maybe I should resort to some Nyquil or something.  

The weather has changed to fall since I was home in the states.  Everything is still pretty green though.  We have already had our heat on, these cement walls do not hold in heat very well at all.  This weekend starts the Halloween festivites. There is a Trunk or Treat for the kids as well as a Haunted Spook walk on Sat.  I'm going to try to drag Josh to it.  He has to work on Saturday, which stinks because we were planning on going to a pumpkin festival a few towns away.  We might try to go on Sunday.  We have three huge pumpkins to carve as well.  I asked Luisa (our landlord ) if Italians celebrated the holiday and she said they started about 5 years ago! I haven't seen any pumpkins or decorations in our neighborhood though. 

Well I think thats all for now, hope everyone is doing well!! Miss you all back home already and I enjoyed spending time with ya'll SO MUCH!!!

-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment