Friday, March 19, 2010

Time of change

As most of you know since October I have been babysitting little miss Leyla. Her mommy was deployed in the desert and Leyla was placed under her grandparents guidance for the time being. Her mom will be arriving in Aviano over the next week to come and take her daughter back to the states. This leaves me with mixed emotions, yes I got tired of the routine from time to time. On the other hand I have never gotten a chance to watch a child grow and develop on a weekly basis. It has been so much fun, when I started working for the Landers Leyla couldn't even walk, now I have to be on my toes constantly to chase her down. I love when she says my name "Ha-yee", and when I walk in the door she always has the biggest smile on her face. I feel like I have learned a lot from this experience, and it has all been filed in the back of my brain for when I get the chance to have a child of my own. (which better not be anytime soon!!)

As this door closes in my life, the Lord has opened another one. I will be attempting to return back to school next month. I have been out of the school routine for almost two years. I will admit Im very nervous. I hope my studying skills will come back to me in a hurry. I will be going back to get my Bachelors in Medical Imaging. I'm super excited, as I have always thought I wouldn't be satisfied with an Associates. I'm so thankful that my first year of school will be completely covered financially thanks to the MyCAA scholarship of $6,000. I originally was planning on starting in March and then the scholarship program was suddenly halted. The DoD said they needed time to reorganize the program. I feared the worse, that since I hadn't applied in time I would be left with no funding. However last week the program was announced back up and running. So I hit the ground running, not wasting anytime at all.

In other news, my summer plans have changed a bit. Originally I was going to be going home for the whole month of May and staying until the end of June. My sister Hillary is graduating High school and I wanted to be there to cheer her on. Instead Hill has decided that she would like to come spend a few weeks with Josh and I here in Italy. I will be so excited to have her visit again. Last time she was here was way to fast and time passed WAY to quickly. So the plan now will be for her to come mid May and then all three of us will return to Illinois for my sister-in-laws wedding June 12th. May can't get here soon enough!!!

Thats all for now, I will update you all again soon.

Love and miss everyone back home <3

No comments:

Post a Comment